About 5-year reporting
Enter Your CME
Go to 2) MOC CME Repository. Click "Edit Form," then use the "Add CME" button to enter your CME. The number of CME and self-assessment credits due will be noted at the top of the repository. If you have not yet completed enough CME, you may do so prior to March 1.
The links and authorization codes to transfer your CME from the American College of Surgeons* or SAGES are also posted in this section, below the "Edit Form" link.
The ABS will waive some CME and self-assessment for certification or recertification by the ABS or another ABMS board, or for completion of accredited fellowship training during a 5-year cycle. See our MOC Part 2 page for more details.
Complete the MOC Status Form
Once your CME has been entered or transferred, proceed to 3) MOC Status Form. Click "Edit Form" to enter the rest of your information. You will be asked to:
- Provide information about your current medical license.
- Indicate whether you completed a fellowship in the last three years, and if so, provide information about your training.
- List where you hold or held any type of privileges during the 5-year cycle (or explain your lack of privileges, e.g., you are clinically inactive).
- Provide contact information for the chair of surgery and chair of credentials at the institution where you performed most of your work. If necessary, another physician of comparable rank may be listed.
- Indicate or describe the outcomes registry or quality assessment activity in which you are participating. No data is collected. See our MOC Part 4 page for more details.
- At the conclusion of the form, attest to the accuracy of the information provided and acknowledge the ABS may contact you or the institutions involved to verify this information.
Submit the MOC Status Form
Once the form is completed, click "Save and Exit" to return to the MOC Status & Form page. You must then click "Submit and Lock Form" to submit your form to the ABS. You will be sent an email confirming that your form has been submitted.
Once you submit the MOC Status Form, no further action is required unless you are contacted by the ABS.