Vascular Surgery Examinations
Use the links below to learn more about the following vascular surgery examinations:
- Vascular Surgery In-Training Examination (VSITE)
- Surgical Principles Examination (SPE)
- Vascular Surgery Qualifying Examination
- Vascular Surgery Certifying Examination
- Vascular Surgery MOC Examination (formerly Recertification Examination)
- Successful completion of the Vascular Surgery Qualifying and Certifying Examinations is required for board certification in vascular surgery. Successful completion of the Surgical Principles Examination (or General Surgery Qualifying Examination) is required for admission to the board certification process. The Vascular Surgery MOC Examination is required at 10-year intervals for certificate renewal.
- The VSITE is taken during training; it is not required as part of the board certification process.