General Surgery Residency Program Pass Rates
- The report posted below provides the most recent five-year average pass rate of first-time examinees on the General Surgery Qualifying Examination (QE) and General Surgery Certifying Examination (CE), as well as a combined first-time pass rate for both examinations, for all ACGME-accredited general surgery residency programs.
- The information is organized by state and updated annually to reflect the rolling five-year experience. The current report encompasses the performance of residents who completed general surgery programs from 2007 through 2012. Examination results from July 2007 through June 2012 are included.
- This report is meant for the use of general surgery residency programs and for medical students who are interested in surgical residencies, as one factor that may be relevant in the evaluation of residency characteristics. The information is not considered in any way to reflect on the quality of care provided to patients by the parent institution.
- Program Summary of Performance on General Surgery Exams: 2007-2012 (pdf)
- Last updated: September 2012
© 2012 by the American Board of Surgery; all rights reserved. These data may not be reproduced or used for research or publication purposes without specific written permission from the ABS.
- See also: General Surgery Exam Statistics