The ABS clarified in October 2014, and further updated in August 2015, how irregularities in the ABSITE administration will be handled. The following will apply when the ABS, at its sole discretion, identifies exam irregularities or other security violations:
- The ABS will notify the program director of the individuals involved and request that they investigate the circumstances.
- The ABS will also notify the department chair and designated institutional official (DIO).
- Exam scores will be considered invalid for all individuals involved in the irregularities and will not be reported to the program.
- While the disciplinary consequences of the irregularities will be at the program director’s discretion, the ABS will require program directors to provide a written report explaining their findings with regard to the irregularities and their decisions regarding the individuals concerned.
- The program will be required to administer the ABSITE to all of their residents on the first two days of the exam window for the next three years.
- Following a subsequent offense, the ABS reserves the right to require, at the program’s expense, that all residents in the program take future exams at a Pearson VUE testing center or similar facility.
Last Updated: September 26, 2023