Vascular Surgery In-Training Examination
- The Vascular Surgery In-Training Examination (VSITE) is offered annually to ACGME-accredited vascular surgery training programs to measure residents' progress in their knowledge of vascular surgery.
- The exam is furnished to programs as an evaluation instrument to assess the progress attained by residents. Results are released only to program directors. It is not available to individuals and is not required as part of the board certification process.
- The VSITE is copyrighted and its contents may not be reproduced or disclosed in any manner, as described in the ABS Ethics and Professionalism Policy.
Next Exam: Winter 2016
- The VSITE contains approximately 300 multiple-choice questions and includes content on both core surgery and vascular surgery. It is approximately 8 hours long, and administered in five, 90-minute sessions, with timed breaks between sessions.
Please see the exam's content outline
(pdf). It was updated in January 2015 to clarify vascular vs. core surgery content.
- All VSITE examinees are required to take all content. This includes individuals who previously passed the Surgical Principles Exam or General Surgery Qualifying Exam.
For specific inquiries, please send an email to the exam coordinator.